Passion and purpose
You came to college to learn. At Mary Baldwin, your passion for learning leads to a life of purpose. The MBC academic experience connects our small, lively classes with hands-on learning in internships, service projects, trips abroad, on-campus jobs, and more.
IN THE CLASSROOM
- Our 12:1 student to faculty ratio means that you will have real conversations with professors who are experts in their fields and, often, active researchers.
- Experience the breadth of a liberal arts education though MBC’s common curriculum:
- Learn goals related to understanding the liberal arts and sciences
- Look at yourself in relationship to the broader community
- Discover your ability to have a positive impact on the world
- MBC’s wide variety of majors and minors offers many ways to hone in on your interests.
- Find your voice by speaking up, asking questions, and testing your ideas in discussions.
- Every student completes a research-based senior thesis, and the top projects are featured at the annual on-campus Capstone Festival.
- MBC faculty members are great at networking with area professionals and connecting students with internships that integrate and apply classroom learning.
- Service learning — or volunteering — is not an afterthought. With more than 100 community partners coordinated by the Spencer Center for Civic and Global Engagement, you will find the perfect opportunity to enrich your academic work.
- The college’s annual theme that connect disciplines and extracurricular activities, as well as study abroad and exposure to global perspectives on campus highlight Mary Baldwin’s high-impact approach to education.
- 95% of Mary Baldwin alumni are employed full-time or enrolled in graduate school within one year of graduation
- Read several graduates’ views about the value of an MBC degree in the spring 2013 issue of Boldly Baldwin.