Twenty-one semester hours (7 courses) are required for this certificate. Up to nine hours (3 courses) may be transferred in from other institutions or completed by prior learning portfolio.
Courses are available online, in small classes at your local MBC regional center, on campus in Staunton in traditional formats, or by independent study. You will need to complete all coursework with a grade of C- or better.
Upon completion of the program you receive a Certificate in Entrepreneurship and a special designation on your transcript.
YOU TAKE THESE CORE COURSES:
- BUAD 104, Perspectives on Sustainability
- BUAD 200, Management Principles
- BUAD 208, Accounting Principles
- BUAD 230, Marketing Principles
- BUAD 306, The Entrepreneur: Starting, Marketing, and Managing a Small Business
PLUS TWO OF THESE COURSES:
- BUAD 209, Financial Decision Making
- BUAD 302, Managing Human Resources
- BUAD 338, Marketing Research
- BUAD 350, Project Management for Sustainable Impact
- BUAD 362, Consumer Behavior
- CE 281, Civic Leadership & Social Entrepreneurism
For 2015-16, the cost of the program is $450 per credit hour. In addition, you will incur a per semester technology fee of $58. The cost of books will vary. You should estimate approximately $100 per class.