Twenty-one semester hours (7 courses) are required for this certificate. Up to nine hours (3 courses) may be transferred in from other institutions or completed by prior learning portfolio.
Courses are available online, in small classes at your local MBC regional center, on campus in Staunton in traditional formats, or by independent study. You will need to complete all coursework with a grade of C- or better.
Upon completion of the program you receive a Certificate in Marketing Communication and a special designation on your transcript.
YOU TAKE THESE CORE COURSES:
- BUAD 230, Marketing Principles
- BUAD 338, Marketing Research
- BUAD 362, Consumer Behavior
- COMM 115, Mass Communication
- COMM 240, Principles of Advertising
- COMM 260, Principles of Public Relations
- COMM 300, Integrated Campaigns OR (an approved 300-level substitute)