For three weeks after the end of the spring semester, May Term at Mary Baldwin offers students the chance to take a concentrated course that meets every day. With a wide range of subjects from which to choose, these courses often include field trips or other excursions. Some include foreign study and off campus travel. Each of these courses gives a rare opportunity to focus on a subject in depth — and a not-so-rare opportunity at MBC to have fun and to venture off campus.
For more information on course offerings, please contact the registrar’s office. Recent courses have included:
- Analysis of Film
- Women in Management
- Field Biology (studied in nearby mountains, meadows, and streams)
- Women in U.S. History
- Jazz in New Orleans (complete with a trip to the Crescent City)
- Music in the Theatre
- U.S. Hispanic Literature and Culture
- Psychology of Women
- Renaissance Studies (in Italy)
- Theatre (in London or Paris)
- Tennis, Golf, Dance, and Self Defense.