Please check the communication services listed below for your area for information about cancellations and closings.
MAIN CAMPUS (STAUNTON)
If Mary Baldwin College’s main campus is to be closed due to inclement weather or an emergency situation, the College will
- Send an email to all current students, faculty, and staff members at their official mbc.edu email addresses using the group “firstname.lastname@example.org.” (Please note that for weather-related closings the BAM alert system will NOT be deployed. Text, voice, and email messages will be sent to mobile phones and other non-MBC numbers/email addresses only when there is a true emergency or to test the system.)
- Update the main page of mbc.edu as soon as possible. (NOTE that if electrical or telephone service is interrupted it may be impossible to update mbc.edu, so it is best to seek information by other means as well if you are in doubt.)
- Notify each of the following stations to carry the message of closing or delayed opening:
WVIR-TV (NBC 29)
WHSV-TV (ABC 3)
WTON (94.3 FM / 1240 AM Staunton)
WKDW (AM 900 / 93.1 FM, Staunton)
WMRA (90.7 FM, Harrisonburg)
WVTF (89.1 FM Roanoke, 89.3 FM Charlottesville)
WCYK (99.7 FM, Charlottesville)
WSUH (102.3 FM, Charlottesville)
- Provide a voice update on the college’s Emergency Information Line. Call 540-887-7378 for a recorded message.
- Broadcast a message to voicemail. If there is no current information on this page and you do not hear a radio message before you have to leave for work, but you think the College may be closing, conduct a remote check of your voicemail messages, or try to contact your supervisor or the College switchboard.
PVCC Web Site
In case of inclement weather in the Richmond area, faculty and students should watch WTVR Channel 6 television or listen to WTVR-Lite 98 radio and 88.9FM WVTF Public Radio. We will also change the greeting on the center’s voice mail system (804-282-9111) if the office is closed because of the weather.
To find out if classes will meet, please call the office at (540) 343-7206 and listen to the voice mail message. Class cancellations and office closings are also announced on TV channels 7 (WDBJ), 10 (WSLS), and 13 (WSET) and the following radio stations: WVTF 89 FM, K92 FM, WFIR-AM/WVPR FM 94.9, WSLC 610 AM, or WSLQ-Q99 FM.
(540) 234-9261 from Harrisonburg
(540) 213-7002 from Staunton
(540) 943-7002 from Waynesboro
(888) 750-2722 from other VA areas
BRCC Web Site