Policy on Transfer

In order to be considered a transfer applicant to Mary Baldwin College, a student must have at least 12 semester hours of college-level work not completed under dual enrollment.

Mary Baldwin College grants transfer credit for collegiate-level coursework from regionally accredited institutions of higher education which is generally congruent with a liberal arts curriculum and was completed at the level of C- or better. Transfer courses need not be identical to courses in the MBC curriculum.

Transfer coursework may apply to majors, minors, certification, general education requirements, or general electives.

VCCS Gen-Ed Completion Requirements: MBC is happy to accept work completed in the VCCS transfer module in partial completion of college requirements as long as it was passed at the level of C- or better.

Transfer Officer
The college’s transfer officer is Kim Robinson, college registrar. Ms. Robinson will determine applicability of coursework to the various college requirements in coordination with the faculty.

PH: 540.887.7071
FAX: 540.886.5132
EMAIL: krobinson@mbc.edu

Questions? Contact the Admissions Office.