RCW Transfer Guide

Transfer Guide

Mary Baldwin College’s Residential College for Women (RCW)

What are the admission requirements to be a transfer applicant at MBC?

In order to be considered a transfer applicant to Mary Baldwin College, a student must have at least 12 semester hours of college-level work not completed under dual enrollment.

Whstudyingat is the deadline for applying as a transfer for the RCW Program?

Deadlines for application are August 15 for the fall semester and December 15 for the spring semester.

How do I apply?

Apply on-line at www.mbc.edu/apply with no application fee.

What other credentials are required?

You will need to submit your application along with official college transcripts.

Who decides what transfers?

The registrar, Kim Robinson.

PH: 540-887-7033
FAX: 540-886-5132
EMAIL: krobinson@mbc.edu

How do I find out what transfers?

Feel free to contact Ms. Robinson for specifics. She will also be glad to give you suggestions about specific courses you may want to take prior to transfer.

What should I take before I transfer to MBC?

This chart provides the courses you’ll need to fulfill general education requirements.

How can previous coursework receive transfer credit?

Courses are transferable as long as the credit is earned at regionally-accredited colleges and passed at the level of C- or better. The courses must be generally compatible with the MBC curriculum, but they do not have to be identical to courses in our catalog. Transfer coursework may apply to majors, minors, certification, general education requirements, or general electives.

Students graduating from a transfer-oriented degree program at a Virginia Community College with a GPA of 2.5 or higher on a 4.0 scale may qualify for guaranteed admission. “Transfer-oriented associate degrees” refers to VCCS Associate of Art, Associate of Science, and Associate of Arts and Sciences degrees.  The transfer-oriented associate degrees include the General Studies associate degrees.  Applied Science degrees are not applicable. VCCS Transfer Guide

Do my grades transfer?

No; You start over at MBC.

How many credits can I transfer to MBC?

You can transfer any amount. However, you must earn 63 hours at MBC — two full years of study.

What are the requirements for graduation?

A minimum of 126 semester hours must be completed to earn a degree, 63 of which must be earned at Mary Baldwin College.


What is the best advice you can give a potential transfer?

  • Plan ahead. Find out what classes will be required at MBC and try to take some of them before you transfer.
  • Find out just how long it is going to take to accomplish your educational goals at Mary Baldwin.

Questions? Contact the Admissions Office.