ADP Loyalty Fund Scholarship Program
Thanks to the growing generosity of Alumnae/i and friends of the Adult
Degree Program, as manifested in their participation in the Annual
Fund activities of the College, we have initiated an ADP Loyalty Fund
Scholarship Program. The Scholarship Program is designed to be a source
of financial assistance for selected ADP students and to supplement
any other loan or grant programs in which they may be participating.
The ADP Loyalty Fund made its first awards to ADP students in 1995.
Since then it has given five or more scholarships to ADP students each
year; awards are typically $1000 each. The criteria for eligibility are
listed below. Beginning in Spring 2000, scholarship applicants must
submit an application to
their advisor by February 1. The Scholarship Committee selects
the recipients by March 1, and the awards are applied to the
students' accounts for the following Fall semester.
The ADP Loyalty Fund is an excellent way for current students, alumnae,
family, and friends to support the Adult Degree Program by supporting
To be eligible, applicants must:
- have not previously earned a bachelor’s degree;
- be degree-seeking students in good standing in the Adult Degree
- have not previously been awarded the scholarship;
- have completed twelve (12) or more semester hours of MBC
graded work, with a cumulative GPA of at least 3.5;
- be planning to enroll in the following Fall semester.
Recipients will be selected annually on the basis of the following
- Academic record
- Demonstrates a commitment to learning and growth in the program
- Service to the Program, College, and Community
Need will be considered as a criterion when/if it is necessary
to select from otherwise similarly qualified nominees.
- Students will obtain application forms from their Academic Advisor
or Regional Office or will print them from this web site.
- Students will submit applications to their Academic Advisor by February
- Faculty Advisors in each Region will determine the eligibility
of each applicant and will select two or three nominees (depending
on funds available) from each Region by February 15. Advisors
will write letters of recommendation for the top three candidates
from their region. All applications from the Regions, along with
letters of recommendation, will be forwarded to the committee chair.
- The Scholarship Committee will select the recipients by March
- Upon the selection of recipients, the committee will inform the
Dean/Director of The Adult Degree Program, who will, in turn, notify
the recipients of the Award and will notify the Financial Aid Office,
which will post the scholarships to the students' aid awards for
the following Fall Semester.
- Award amounts may vary from year to year, but are expected to be approximately
$1,000 per award, applied as part of the student's total aid.
If you would like more information about the ADP Loyalty Fund Program,
please contact the ADP Office.
For information about how to contribute
to the ADP Loyalty Fund, contact your faculty advisor, MBC
Institutional Advancement at 540-887-7011, or contribute online.