- Employer: Department Of Homeland Security
- Type of Position: Internship
- Industry: Agriculture, Food, & Natural Resources
- Location: Glynco, GA
- Salary Range:
FLETC Pathways Internship Program - Student Trainee (Administrative Support/OA)
Back to top
Being a FLETC Pathways Internship Program student in the Protocol and Communications Office (PCO) makes you a valuable member of the FLETC team and mission. As an Intern, you will be responsible for a variety of administrative matters essential to the efficient operation of the organization. Typical assignments include:
• Implementing procedures designed to improve staff administrative effectiveness, automating and streamlining procedures wherever possible to serve the best interest of the organization.
• Providing continual assistance to the staff in areas that include timekeeping duties, travel authorizations, training requests, new employee orientation, and personnel actions. Answering telephone calls and receiving visitors.
• Assisting the PCO Chief with the preparation of reports, travel documents, agendas, correspondence, and other documents.
• Performing basic budget administration support functions.
• Serving as a liaison between the PCO Chief and various FLETC offices, Partner Organizations (POs), and organization officials.
Required Education and Experience:
You must be a U.S. citizen to apply for this position.
You must be at least 16 years of age.
You must successfully pass a background investigation.
Possess and maintain a cumulative GPA of at least 2.0 on a scale of 4.0.