- Employer: Ameson Education and Cultural Exchange Foundation
- Type of Position: Internship
- Industry: Education and Training
- Location: China, DC
- Salary Range:
Teach English in China
Looking for a paid job abroad with free housing, partial reimbursement for airfare, and even more amazing benefits?
The Ameson Education and Cultural Exchange Foundation is looking for students graduating with a Bachelor’s degree or higher with diploma obtained prior to June 15, 2014, to participate in our Ameson Year (AYC) in China program.
Check out these awesome videos created by current AYC participants revealing their life in China:
As a participant in AYC, you will teach for one academic year in China. You may be placed in the greater metropolitan areas of Shanghai, Nanjing, or in the provinces of Guangdong, Hebei or Zhejiang. You will teach in a public primary or secondary school. You will interact with students, colleagues, and other Chinese citizens as an unofficial ambassador for your country, imparting its goodwill towards the Chinese people and challenging misconceptions about its culture, society, and educational system.
With AYC, you can launch your career by gaining an international perspective while developing a professional or academic network in China. A full curriculum and teaching materials will be provided, and you will get professional training before classes begin.
The cost of living is lower in China than in the U.S., so your money goes further. With meals and taxi fares starting around $1.50, your stipend of $800/month gives you a comfortable standard of living. With housing covered by the program, your stipend is almost entirely disposable income.
Full information is online at www.ameson.org/ayc. Interested candidates should apply online before May 15, 2014.
What AYC provides:
● Monthly stipend of approx. $800 (5000 RMB)
● Free Chinese language lessons
● Free housing
● Documents to obtain a Chinese visa
● Reimbursement for your flight to and from China up to $1,200
● Basic health insurance in China
● Free airport pickup and arrival support
● 24-hour emergency support
Qualifications & Requirements
● Must hold a Bachelor’s degree or higher by June 15, 2014, with a physical copy of diploma
● Must be a native English speaker
● Must possess the adaptability needed to live and work abroad
● Must not have a criminal record
● Must be passionate, motivated and self-disciplined
● The ideal candidate will also share the Ameson Foundation’s mission of international exchange and be able to act as an informal ambassador from the U.S.
Apply online at WWW.Ameson.org/AYC
20 hours of classroom teaching +10 hours of teaching preparation and support +10 hours of learning Chinese language and culture per week
Teaching, education, etc.
September 2014 - June 2015
1300 Pennsylvania Avenue NW, Suite 500
Washington, DC 20004
Required Education and Experience:
1300 Pennsylvania Ave. NW, Suite 500