- Employer: SPARC
- Type of Position: Full-Time Job
- Industry: Business Management and Administration
- Location: San Francisco, San Francisco, CA
- Salary Range: Exempt
JOB TITLE: Dispensary Manager
STATUS: Exempt (Full-time)
COMPENSATION: Annual salary; After 90 days full-time, receives full medical benefits (90% employer paid), dental, vision, life and long-term disability coverage (100% employer paid), paid sick time accrual, paid holidays and paid vacation.
GENERAL SUMMARY OF DUTIES: The Dispensary Manager is responsible for overseeing all departments, coordinating inter-departmental communication and relaying needs and information among staff. The Dispensary Manager is also responsible for protecting dispensary assets, ensuring customer service standards are met and maintaining the appearance of all departments. The Dispensary Manager frequently works directly with the Sales Director, Senior Director and Executive Director.
The Dispensary Manager must understand and embrace SPARC's mission and our role in the community.
SUPERVISION RECEIVED: Reports to Sales Director.
SUPERVISION EXERCISED: Supervises assigned staff, which includes Premise Managers, Member Consultants, Safety Hosts and Member Services Coordinators.
EXAMPLE OF DUTIES: (This list may not include all of the duties assigned.)
General Duties/Manager on Duty:
1. Accomplish staff results by communicating job expectations; planning, monitoring and appraising job results; coaching, counseling and disciplining employees.
2. Responsible for projects, assignments and tasks.
3. Monitor and track team's time sheets in collaboration with HR support personnel.
4. Lead weekly management meetings.
5. Create weekly schedules for staff in all departments.
6. Assign daily tasks to staff in all departments.
7. Develop and maintain rapport with all staff.
8. Act as the primary decision maker in the absence of the Sales Director.
9. Oversee maintenance, supplies and appearance of the dispensary in accordance with set standards.
10. Observe employee performance and coach team on areas to correct.
11. Analyze and organize office operations and procedures.
12. Reconcile all inventory, cash and client records daily.
13. Ensure all members receive high quality service from staff.
14. Monitor staff to ensure compliance within all departments and dispensary policies.
15. Motivate and influence others through personal actions and examples.
16. Maintain strictest confidentiality in all departments.
17. Perform other related work as required in all departments.
1. Train and educate dispensary team to increase knowledge and create an environment focused on member service and education.
2. Perform regular quality assurance audits.
3. Analyze dispensary standards and ensure dispensary reaches full customer service potential by maintaining a continued awareness of the industry (local and regional).
4. Communicate knowledge and availability of dispensary products to staff.
5. Follow strict controls to protect dispensary's assets, i.e. medicine, cash, etc.
6. Monitor staff to ensure compliance with dispensary and healing center policies.
7. Hold team accountable for quality protocols, i.e. sanitization, dispensary standards, safety, etc.
Member Services Duties:
1. Maintain rapport and train Member Services team.
2. Maintain current stock of Member Handbooks, Intake forms and promotional items, such as lighters, stickers and newsletters. Order as needed.
3. Data entry and manage the member database.
4. Enforce policy and procedures in and around Member Services procedures.
5. Develop our members and staff.
6. Respond to member and/or non-member inquiries via phone and/or walk-ins.
7. Follow up with members' requests and/or inquiries promptly and efficiently.
8. Resolve non-standard complaints.
9. Lead with an understanding of customer service philosophy and dispensary procedures.
Safety & Security Duties:
1. Build, improve and maintain effective relationships with staff, members, tenants and overall community.
2. Train and ensure all performance standards are met.
3. Develop, maintain and administer incident reporting procedures and practices.
4. Develop plans to address wide range of security-related events and appropriate preventive strategies and internal controls.
5. Train and educate Safety team to increase knowledge and create an environment focused on safety and security.
6. Maintain composure and professionalism in dealing with authorities, executives, members, vendors, staff and/or the public, occasionally under conditions of urgency and high pressure situations.
7. Manage Safety team's uniforms, equipment and supplies, while maintaining appropriate inventories and maintaining checklists.
8. Analyze security standards and ensure Safety operations reach overall service potential by maintaining a continuing awareness of the industry (local and regional).
TYPICAL PHYSICAL DEMANDS: Work may require prolonged sitting, some bending, stooping and stretching. Requires eye-hand coordination and manual dexterity sufficient to operate a cash register, credit card machine, photocopier, telephone, calculator and other office equipment. Requires normal range of hearing. Requires close vision with the ability to see color and adjust focus. Occasionally requires lifting up to 50 pounds.
TYPICAL WORKING CONDITIONS: Work is performed in a busy medical cannabis dispensary. The dispensary area is very loud due to fans and filtration systems, fluctuating between extreme cold and hot temperatures. Involves frequent contact with staff and the public. Work may be stressful at times and may include dealing with law enforcement and/or difficult members. Must be available to work varied hours/days, including nights, weekends, holidays and/or events.
Required Education and Experience:
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
1. Ability to motivate and influence others through personal actions and examples.
2. Ability to be conversant on all our products and their unique 'characteristics' and be able to recommend similar products that possess similar qualities.
3. Strong problem solving, organizational and interpersonal skills.
4. Ability to perceive and meet the needs of the staff and members without direction.
5. Ability to maintain high standards in a fast paced, constantly evolving environment.
6. Ability to communicate clearly and effectively in all situations with staff, members, and community members.
7. Ability to dispense medicine accurately and efficiently.
8. Basic understanding of Federal, State and Local employment laws.
9. Strong customer service and managerial skills.
10. Ability to adapt to changing industry and growing business.
11. Explicit knowledge on strains, genetics, cultivation techniques and effects of cannabis.
12. Must have high level of patience and flexibility.
13. Maintain a current medical cannabis physician recommendation and CA Medical Cannabis Identification Card issued by the DHS at all times.
EDUCATION/EXPERIENCE: Bachelor's degree (B. A.) from four-year college or university preferred. Three years of related experience required, five or more preferred. Retail management, cash handling experience and Point of Sale (POS) system experience required. Minimum of two to three years of supervisory/management experience. Working knowledge of Microsoft Office. Experience in medical cannabis industry highly desirable. Must be 18 years old and pass criminal background check.
To apply, please follow instructions below. Failure to follow these instructions will result in your application not being considered. Thank you for understanding that while we strive to reply to all applicants, we may only be in touch with you if we'd like to invite you for an interview.
- Read the job description.
- Prepare an up-to-date resume and a cover letter that speaks to SPARC's needs and this specific position.
- Send both to firstname.lastname@example.org with "Dispensary Manager" in the subject line no later than 5 pm on Sunday, August 3rd.