- Employer: SPARC
- Type of Position: Full-Time Job
- Industry: Law, Public Safety, Corrections, & Security
- Location: San Francisco, San Francisco, CA
- Salary Range: Hourly
JOB TITLE: Safety Lead
STATUS: Non-exempt (Full-time)
COMPENSATION: Hourly; after 90 days full-time, includes full medical benefits (90% employer paid), dental, vision, life insurance and long-term disability coverage (all 100% employer paid), and paid sick time accrual.
GENERAL SUMMARY OF DUTIES: Responsible for overall safety and security operations and management including protection of patients, staff, production (cultivation) and dispensary assets, administration of security systems and processes from harm and/or theft. Responsible for ensuring service standards are met and maintaining positive and constructive relations with other tenants and the overall community. Works directly with Safety Manager, Dispensary Manager and Member Services Lead.
Responsible for providing a friendly, knowledgeable and easily identifiable uniformed presence. The initial point of contact for all patients, member cultivators, service providers, the general public and official/law enforcement agencies. Responsible for ensuring that all staff and patients are complying with dispensary policies and state laws and must always be vigilant of the activity occurring inside and outside the dispensary and other SPARC facilities.
Understand and embrace SPARC's mission and role in the community.
SUPERVISION RECEIVED: Reports to Department Manager.
SUPERVISION EXERCISED: Self-directed; supervises training and orientations, and leads small groups/teams.
EXAMPLE OF DUTIES: (This list may not include all of the duties assigned.)
1. Attend management level meetings.
2. Build, improve and maintain effective relationships with staff, patients, tenants and overall community.
3. Coordinate scheduling, training and ensure overall performance standards are met.
4. Develop, maintain and administer incident reporting procedures and practices.
5. Develop plans to address wide range of security related events and appropriate preventative strategies and internal controls.
6. Administer emergency call lists, alarm panel codes and other security systems.
7. Run and analyze metrics to determine the health and effectiveness of security policies and procedures.
8. Protect Production (cultivation), Dispensary and Healing Center's staff, processes and assets from harm and theft.
9. Manage uniforms, equipment and supplies while maintaining appropriate inventories and maintaining checklists.
10. Train and educate Safety Team to increase knowledge and create an environment focused on safety and security.
11. Maintain composure and professionalism in dealing with authorities, executives, patients, member cultivators, service providers, staff and the public, occasionally under conditions of urgency and high pressure situations.
12. Act as key contact for alarms, cameras and Special Patrol. Overnight response as needed.
13. Assists with the maintenance and appearance of the Healing Center in accordance with established standards.
14. Analyze and organize office operations and procedures, i.e., review Safety Team's time clock punches, technology needs, etc.
15. Analyze security standards and ensure security operations reach overall service potential by maintaining a continuing awareness of the industry, local and regional.
16. Responsible for training and coaching team members.
17. Responsible for projects, assignments and tasks.
18. Responsible for protection of organization assets.
19. Maintain high level of customer service at all times.
20. Greet patients, service providers, member cultivators, staff and community representatives in a friendly and courteous manner.
21. Monitor and authorize patient flow entry and/or exit of facility.
22. Check person(s) entering the building for a valid membership and ID.
23. Assist with member registration, as requested.
24. Continuously patrol all dispensary premises, main office, Healing Center, etc., as well as other SPARC facilities when needed.
25. Observe, identify and report events which may include criminal and/or nuisance activity, unsafe or dangerous conditions, fire and life safety hazards and other site related events to manager.
26. Explain and enforce laws, city ordinances, Code of Conduct, and/or regulations to all visitors and/or staff.
27. Complete incident reports and log books daily.
28. Communicate over radio and coordinate other activities.
29. Maintain cleanliness of outside areas at all times, including removing debris and completing opening/closing checklists.
30. Complete closing janitorial procedures.
31. Maintain strictest confidentiality.
32. Perform other related work as required.
TYPICAL PHYSICAL DEMANDS: Work requires prolonged sitting and/or standing up to six (6) hours, some bending, stooping and stretching. Requires eye-hand coordination and manual dexterity sufficient to operate a radio and other equipment. Requires normal range of hearing and eyesight to record, prepare and communicate appropriate reports. Requires lifting up to 50 pounds occasionally.
TYPICAL WORKING CONDITIONS: Work is performed in a busy medical cannabis dispensary. The dispensary area is very loud due to fans and filtration systems, fluctuating between extreme cold and hot temperatures. Involves frequent contact with staff and the public. Must have a strong comfort level to interact with patients and co-workers. Work may be stressful at times and may include dealing with difficult people. Available to work varied hours/days, including nights, weekends, holidays, and/or city events.
Required Education and Experience:
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
1. Ability to provide and show leadership.
2. Available to work varied hours/days, including nights, weekends, holidays, and/or city events.
3. Ability to deescalate situations calmly and professionally.
4. Ability to understand and follow organization's policies, procedures, safety and emergency rules, plans and procedures.
5. Ability to handle routine and stressful situations.
6. Ability to work with others including local police, staff, and/or property management personnel.
7. Ability to communicate on radio and coordinate others' activities.
8. Ability to work without immediate, direct supervision.
9. High level of organization, patience and flexibility.
10. Professional appearance.
11. Reliable and timely attendance.
12. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
13. Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions and procedure manuals.
14. Personal knowledge of medicinal effects of cannabis to self and others.
15. Ability to add and subtract two digit numbers and to multiply and divide with 10's and 100's.
EDUCATION/EXPERIENCE: High school diploma or general education degree (GED); two years experience required, three or more years preferred. Prior security guard and customer service experience required. Experience in medical cannabis industry highly desirable, but not required. Bi-lingual Spanish speaker highly desirable. California Guard Card recommended but not required. Must be 18 years old and pass criminal background check.
CERTIFICATES/LICENSES: CA driver's license.
To apply, please follow instructions below. Failure to follow these instructions will result in your application not being considered. Thank you for understanding that while we strive to reply to all applicants, we may only be in touch with you if we'd like to invite you for an interview.
- Read the job description.
- Prepare an up-to-date resume and a cover letter that speaks to SPARC's needs and this specific position. Send all to email@example.com with "Safety Lead" in the subject line by Monday, July 28th.