- Employer: Wolf Trap Foundation for the Performing Arts
- Type of Position: Internship
- Industry: Arts, A/V Technology, & Communications
- Location: Vienna, Fairfax County, VA
- Salary Range: 7.25 per hour
The Wolf Trap Foundation for the Performing Arts is a large performing arts organization that presents a wide spectrum of the performing arts: music, dance, theatre, opera and related education programs. Wolf Trap presents over 200 performances year-round, attracting more than 500,000 audience members annually. Wolf Trap’s internship program provides meaningful hands-on training and experience in arts administration, education and technical theatre.
Named “One of the Best Places to Intern” by Bloomberg BusinessWeek, Wolf Trap proudly offers a variety of paid, professional development internship positions in a variety of areas.
Available internships are listed on our website.
For individual position descriptions please visit http://www.wolftrap.org/internships
Required Education and Experience:
Must have a reliable mode of transportation as Wolf Trap is not accessible by public transit. Undergraduate students who have completed a minimum of one year of study, graduate students, recent graduates, and career-changers currently enrolled in a degree program are encouraged to apply.
Interns should possess enthusiasm, strong writing and organizational skills and proficient computer skills.
Must meet INS I-9 eligibility regulations.
To apply, you must email the following materials to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than November 1, 2013:
- A resume.
- A cover letter with a brief personal statement and an outline of career goals, specification of which departmental internship is desired (positions offered for the Spring 2014 season are listed on our website).
- Two contrasting writing samples (no more than three pages in length each). These may be excerpts from papers you have previously written for classes or something you have written for publication or for extra-curricular activities. You do not need to write something specifically for the application, please simply submit a sample of something you have written in the past.
- Two letters of recommendation (references may submit recommendation letters directly to email@example.com. Your name must be included in the email subject line. Your references may also email pdf versions of their recommendation letters to you to be submitted with your application. Letters of recommendation are also accepted via postal mail.)
Please include which positions (up to four) you are interested in applying for within your cover letter. For questions or concerns, please call (703)937-6304 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Application Deadline: November 1, 2013
Payment information: $7.25/hour paid on bi-weekly basis