- Employer: FurKidz
- Type of Position: Internship
- Industry: Marketing
- Location: Cape Town & Dinokeng, South Africa, Outside Un
- Salary Range: unpaid
Animal Loving Interns wanted in South Africa
Furkidz is an online media platform and registered non-profit organisation with the mission to help South Africa's thousands of shelter animals. We are looking for animal loving interns to join us!
Our website www.Furkidz.co.za provides an easily searchable, comprehensive database of rescue pets available for adoption.
We have chosen the medium of the internet in order to reach thousands of South African pet lovers instantly, and have created a cyber shelter visiting experience that is so fun and compelling that visitors fanatically search until their new pet has been found.
About 5000 animals from almost 60 shelters are featured on our website and we update the website every day. We write articles, post interesting news and physically visit the shelters, take pictures of their cats and dogs, edit the pictures, upload them to the FurKidz website and monitor their adoption progress. We have more than 800 website visitors per day and more than 400 animals are adopted each month.
Regular newsletters are sent out and FurKidz hosts and supports fundraising events and adoption days.
FurKidz is looking for interns to assist with the following task:
- Website administration
- Writing of articles for website, newsletter & social media
- Preparation and posting of daily news and events
- Picture and Video Editing
- Uploading of information / posting of ads
- Receiving and handling of enquiries
- Visiting animal welfares
- Taking pictures/ filming of video clips of shelter animals
- Handling/interacting with shelter animals/ Assessment of shelter animals
- Finding, collating, writing of newsletter content
- Administering the Lost & Found section/ Administering the Happy Tails section
- Preparing of regular adoption updates
- Organizing Fundraising and other Events
Most of our interns are students between the age of 18 and 25 who join us as part of their studies.
FurKidz has branches in Cape Town and Pretoria.
In Dinokeng (near Pretoria) FurKidz Interns/Volunteers live on a 40ha bushveld lifestyle estate surrounded by wildlife sanctuaries and beautiful nature reserves (lots of wild life, birds, buck, jackals, monkeys, owls, kudu, zebras and even leopards).
After a training period at our branch in Dinokeng, our inerns have the opportunity to also work at our Cape Town branch, here our interns live in a 4 bedroom house only a few steps away from the beach, shops and many bars and restaurants.
Duration: minimum 1 month / maximum 6 months
Start: throughout the year
Audience: All majors
Required Education and Experience:
- Well versed in English
- Social Media Experience
- Affinity to internet and computer work and proficiency in MS Office
- Interest in Animal Welfare, Nature, Different Cultures
- Picture and video editing skills a plus
- Writing and research skills a plus
- Drivers License a plus
For our comprehensive Info Document please email email@example.com
To apply please email your resume and a short motivational letter describing your experiences with animals as well as the approximate date and length of your intended stay.
Plot 58 Kameelfontein/Dinokeng