- Employer: Elk Logistics
- Type of Position: Full-Time Job
- Industry: Transportation, Distribution, & Logistics
- Location: Staunton, VA
- Salary Range: DOE
Manager Freight Dispatch
Responsible for all activities in assigned accounts or regions. Manage quality and consistency of product and service delivery.
• Ensure required pick-ups, and deliveries are made and documented on the In Progress Freight Update board.
• Input required driver's information in the system for required load tracking.
• Confirm all drivers are aware of any special needs for pick-up and deliveries,such as scale tickets, lumper fee, etc.
• Ensure all drivers are aware of pick-up and delivery appointments, phone/confirmation numbers if required.
• Verify all drivers have directions or addresses for GPS directions .
• Dispatch drivers of brokered loads and track progress from pick-up to delivery.
• Identify and resolve issues with brokered loads, to include, but not limited to: equipment breakdowns, late/missed pick-ups/deliveries, etc.
• Cross check that Account Managers have schedule all pick-up and delivery appointments for drivers.
• Identify and resolve carrier/driver concerns.
• Monitor any weather issues that may affect pick-up and/or deliveries.
• Requires maximum effort to be "on" 100% of the time.
• Maximize efforts to help maintain carrier relationships
• Be professional and courteous when communicating at all times.
Account Maintenance Activities
• Preserve and expand current customer base of the company.
• Data entry of shipments, carriers and customers as required.
• Meet performance goals and provide feedback to account managers as requested.
• Prepare paperwork to activate and maintain computer files.
• Communicate potential service opportunities, special developments, information, or feedback gathered through daily activity to appropriate company staff.
• Available for meetings, training and conference calls as requested by Management.
• Available and logged into the company server by 8:00 a.m. daily.
• Participate in marketing events such as seminars and trade shows as requested.
• Coordinate shipping schedules and delivery of merchandise and services .
• Be proactive and identify potential issues early.
• Other duties as assigned.
Required Education and Experience:
Knowledge and Skill Requirements
• Fundamental knowledge of the freight/logistics industry
• Basic reading, writing and arithmetic skills required.
• Ability to persuade and influence others .
• Ability to communicate effectively via email, telephone or other means necessary.
• Highly organized.
• Ability to create, compose and edit written materials.
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills
• Visibility requires a professional appearance and providing a positive company image.
• Work may require travel to current and potential clients. This requires the possession of a valid driver’s license.
• Work requires willingness to work a flexible schedule and occasional overnight travel.
Please email your salary requirements,contact information, resume and/or cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org