- Employer: Elk Logistics
- Type of Position: Full-Time Job
- Industry: Transportation, Distribution, & Logistics
- Location: Rockbridge County, VA
- Salary Range: DOE
Account Manager - Sales and Brokerage
• Establish and maintain current carrier and potential carrier relationships .
• Contact potential brokers and solicit business.
• Contact, document and forward weekly prospects to management.
• Follow up on prospective carriers.
• Communicate with potential carriers and solicit their business.
• Promote positive relations with existing and potential partners, shippers and carriers.
• Communicate with brokers to negotiate highest possible pricing to transport loads.
• Manage account services through quality checks and other follow-up.
• Communicate to customers; potential service opportunities, special developments and
• Coordinate with company staff to accomplish the work required to close sales.
• Maintain and expand current customer base.
• Meet monthly and annual performance goals.
• Verify required carrier information is properly completed, necessary documents obtained and
• Ensure carriers are aware of any special needs for pick-up and deliveries, such as scale tickets,
lumper fee, etc.
• Confirm drivers have been loaded and payment processed.
• Prepare paperwork to activate and maintain computer files.
• Identify and resolve carrier concerns.
• Data entry of shipments, carriers and customers as required.
• Identify and resolve issues with carriers, to include, but not limited to: equipment breakdowns, late/missed pick-ups/deliveries, etc.
• Participate in marketing events such as seminars and trade shows as requested.
• New customer follow-up as requested by management.
• Be proactive and identify potential issues early.
• Provide back-up as needed.
• Other duties as assigned.
Required Education and Experience:
Knowledge and Skill Requirements
• 3+ years in trucking/freight/logistics environment
• Ability to persuade and influence others.
• Ability to communicate effectively via email, telephone or other means necessary.
• Ability to develop and deliver presentations.
• Ability to create, compose and edit written materials.
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
• Visibility requires a professional appearance and providing a positive company image.
• Work requires travel to current and potential clients. This requires the possession of a valid
• Work requires willingness to work a flexible schedule and occasional overnight travel.
• Basic reading, writing and arithmetic skills required.
Please email salary requirements, contact information, resume and/or cover letter to email@example.com