- Employer: HIS Vision Project
- Type of Position: Internship
- Industry: Business Management and Administration
- Location: Cap Haitien, Haiti, VA
- Salary Range: unpaid
Location: Cap Haitien, Haiti
Dates: July 2014-July 2015
Purpose of Position:
HIS Vision Project is seeking a full-time In-country Project Manager to help manage an eye clinic and corresponding project details. Areas of responsibility include but are not limited to overseeing and implementing operations of the clinic, managing Haitian staff working at the clinic, and serving as the His Vision point of contact for surrounding ministries, organizations, and individuals within the community. The Project Manager will work closely with the CEO and COO of Humbly I Serve, the overall organization under which HIS Vision falls, in the carrying out project goals and objectives to ensure the best possible chance of success.
• Manage in-country execution of the clinic operations (including supervision of Haitian clinic and grounds staff), working within the boundaries of pre-specified program objectives, allotted budget, and guidance from the CEO and COO.
• As a basic step in program development, provide input in the scheduling of the teams traveling to Haiti.
• Prepare a schedule of events for the teams based on the relevant needs of the clinic and plan to provide leadership in helping each of them to fulfill tasks indicated.
• Provide transportation for teams to and from the airport as well as for any additional transport requirements.
• Oversee preparation for team accommodations to be sure each arriving guest has a place to sleep and basic needs will be met during their time in Haiti.
• Act as host for any arriving teams: debrief each team with a general orientation of Haiti culture and specifically Cap Haitien/Morne Rouge information, what to expect on a day-to-day basis while they are there, helpful “survival” tips, and general house keeping issues.
• Manage guest house staff, ensuring smooth operation and comfortable, clean accommodations while hosting teams and individuals
• Develop working relationships with local organizations, government officials, and relevant stakeholders to ensure HIS Vision is efficiently and effectively reaching its goal of eradicating needless blindness and visual impairment.
• Provide an accurate, concise monthly report to COO, communicating relevant events, project status, and a financial update in a timely manner.
• Be responsible for raising annual support prior to departure which will cover accommodations, food, utilities, gas, insurance and additional day-to-day needs.
Required Education and Experience:
• Maintain a personal relationship with Jesus Christ. Is a consistent witness for Jesus Christ.
• 2-3 month training in eye care
• One year of college-level Biblical studies is preferred.
• Commitment to the HIS statement of faith and experience in working with cross-cultural and cross-denominational Christians.
• Ability to be flexible and adaptable in a third-world setting.
• Strong leadership, planning, organizational, and communication/relational skills.
• Ability to speak French/Creole or the willingness to learn.
• Ability to commit to a year-long contract.
• Willingness and ability to raise finances for support during annual commitment.
For questions, you may call or e-mail us at the number shown below.
For applications, please send resume and cover letter to one of the listed e-mail addresses. Thank you!
Our office phone number is: 434-239-0081
2414 Wards Road, Lynchburg, VA 24502