- Employer: Victory Institute
- Type of Position: Internship
- Industry: Government and Public Administration
- Location: Washington, DC
- Salary Range: Stipend
Victory Congressional Internship
The Victory Institute's Victory Congressional Internship is developing the next generation of out public leaders. Each semester, we're bringing outstanding LGBT college students to Washington, D.C., for an intensive leadership program, including:
-A semester-long Congressional internship with a member of the LGBT Equality Caucus or a LGBT-friendly member of U.S. Congress to learn firsthand about the federal legislative process.
-An educational and leadership development program to learn about the legislative process and careers in the policy-making process.
-A community service project.
Students will also attend the Victory Institute's annual international conference for three days of training, skills building, networking and discussion alongside hundreds of openly LGBT leaders in government, politics, advocacy, business and community organizations.
The VCI will prepare young LGBT people to become informed decision-makers and influential leaders who can change their communities and our world.
Application Deadline Fall: October 28, 2014 at 11:59 PM PT
>> Sign up to receive an email announcement when a future semester's application becomes available: http://victoryinstitute.org/vci_announcement_signup
-Housing accommodations in downtown DC,
-Stipend to cover other living expenses in DC ($1,000 in Summer, $2,000 in Spring/Fall)
-Airfare or other transportation to and from Washington, DC, at the beginning and end of the program
-Academic credit for the spring internship (depending on each participant's college or university)
-Airfare, hotel and conference fees for the Victory Institute International Gay & Lesbian Leadership Conference
Required Education and Experience:
The Victory Congressional Internship is open to undergraduate students of all genders, orientations, abilities, races, and political affiliations. All applicants must meet the following criteria to satisfy the Victory Institute and congressional requirements:
• U.S. citizen, legal permanent resident or permit to work in the U.S. (Foreign students with F-1 visas are not eligible)
• 18 years of age before the day of arrival in Washington, D.C.
• Currently enrolled full-time in an undergraduate degree program, will have completed at least one year by the beginning of the program; summer program participants must have at least one full semester remaining after the program has completed (i.e., students graduating prior to or during the course of the summer program are not eligible); spring and fall program participants must not graduate prior to the end of the program
• Accepting applications in all majors.
• Active participation in public and/or community service activities
>> Apply now for Spring 2014
For more information: http://www.victoryinstitute.org/programs/vci
1133 15th St NW, Washington, DC 20005