- Employer: Charlottesville Newsplex
- Type of Position: Full-Time Job
- Industry: Arts, A/V Technology, & Communications
- Location: Charlottesville, VA
- Salary Range:
Digital Content Director
The Charlottesville Newsplex (home of CBS19, ABC16, WAHU FOX27, and Newsplex.com) is searching for a Digital Content Director. We are looking for someone to continue our tradition of being a market leader, not a follower, in the digital world.
The Digital Content Director will:
• Oversee all news content on Newsplex.com - that includes writing, posting and editing stories and video on the web channel
• Keep Newsplex.com updated with fresh local and regional content
• Lead the station's social media efforts (Facebook and Twitter)
• Manage content on the station's mobile website and various apps (iPhone, iPad, Android)
• Develop strategy for the online presence of the Charlottesville Newsplex and lead the newsroom in implementing that strategy
The ideal candidate will have experience writing and editing for print or web publications, understand the importance of social media in delivering a message, be able to juggle multiple projects at once, and have a basic knowledge of how websites work.
Gray Television is an Equal Opportunity Employer and a Drug-Free Workplace. If you think you have what it takes, rush your cover letter and resume to News Director Griff.Benner@newsplex.com. No phone calls, please.
Required Education and Experience:
email firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com