- Employer: Valor Partners
- Type of Position: Full-Time Job
- Industry: Information Technology
- Location: Roanoke, VA
- Salary Range: Salary, Commissions
Valor Partners is a specialized boutique search firm based in Roanoke, VA. We work primarily with two groups of clients: established market leaders or newly funded start-up companies in the following areas: Enterprise software, Healthcare IT, Aerospace and Defense and Energy Technology.
• Types of search: Management searches including Director, VP and C-level sales and marketing focused executives. Key individual contributor searches for effective and proven sales and marketing talent.
• Specializations: Sales (from executive to individual contributor), all aspects of marketing including product marketing and product management), Executive level positions. Additionally, we always request our clients allow us the opportunity to work on the most difficult and most critical of searches.
We have been in business since 2002 and continue to be the preferred search partner to numerous companies around the country and around the world.
We are expanding our team due to excessive client requirements and demand for our services.
This person will be responsible for creating a search strategy and roadmap inclusive of target development (specific individuals, competitive companies, etc.), outreach- calls (warm and cold) and email, in-depth qualification of potential candidates, networking and presentation.
Our objective is to provide the resources necessary to both learn our target industries and our recruiting methodology in an effort to create another Practice Leader for one of our growing divisions.
Walking through the door this person will be primarily working on pure recruiting activities.
Required Education and Experience:
Desired Skills & Experience:
• Previous recruiting experience is helpful but not required. If you have worked as a recruiter previously our approach is very different than most firms- we rarely post our positions for example. We primarily network and cold call to develop our candidates. Most of our candidates are working currently with other companies. If you are not used to recruiting in this manner (i.e. calling people at work or cold) then this is the wrong job for you.
• Must be smart- we move from search to search quickly and that can include different functional roles, different clients, different (but related) industries.
• Bachelor’s Degree (highly preferred)
• Willingness to work hard- our expectation is that you will learn and incorporate our approach, scripts and methodology very quickly. Additionally, we all work outside the office to be prepared for the activities that will be required tomorrow. If you are unwilling to do this, we aren't for you. This is no 9-5 job.
• Must be coachable
• Must be very technology savvy- if you don't use a computer, a CRM system, a smart phone, etc. today then our operation will require an additional layer of complication.
• You have to have drive. We can teach lots of skills but we can't provide you drive. It is one reason that we love former college athletes or competitive athletes. Athletes practice in an effort to achieve and accomplish something. We do the same here.
• Be team oriented- we are very collaborative and help each other to the benefit of all of us. Lone wolf operators aren't for us.
Please email resume and cover letter to Donna Rader, Director of Programs at Valor Partners, to firstname.lastname@example.org.
1402 3rd Street, SW, Roanoke, VA 24016