- Employer: Camp Horizons
- Type of Position: Temporary/Seasonal
- Industry: Education and Training
- Location: Harrisonburg, VA
- Salary Range:
Camp Horizons is all about people, young and old, becoming responsible members of our worldwide community, while enjoying life to it’s fullest. As a member of the camp staff you will have the opportunity to improve the quality of life for yourself and others. We need people who are highly professional, talented and energetic. Our 50 staff members come from across the United States and around the world. We celebrate diversity and cherish individuality!
Camp counselors have a tremendous responsibility in caring for children's daily needs and by serving as role models. Cabin counselors live in cabins with 8-10 campers and one co-counselor. During cabin time counselors live, eat and sleep with their campers and co-counselor. Counselors also guide and assist campers in clean up of the cabin and village. Counselors also have an activity department where they teach during the day. Counselors are hired for their knowledge and experience in these activity areas and teach in a specific department for the summer. Staff members are hired for their experience, enjoyment of, and teaching abilities in different areas.
These activity areas include, Aquatics, Sports, Outdoors, Creative Arts and Horseback Riding.
Positions Currently Available:
· Creative Arts (guitar, music, dance, video movie making, drama, arts and crafts, model rocketry and photography)
· Horseback (riding instruction & schooling, barn management and horsemanship)
· Outdoors (tubing, caving, rock climbing and canoeing, mt. biking, high ropes, fishing and nature)
· Sports (basketball, archery, golf, volleyball, street hockey, soccer, tennis, baseball, yoga and more!)
· Aquatics/ Lifeguard (swim lessons, water polo, canoeing and kayaking)
· Support Staff (positions such as activity leads and head counselors)
· Internships (outdoor recreation, nursing, education and more!)
Staff must be 18 years old and out of high school for at least one year. All potential staff members are given background checks and must not appear on the National Sex Offender Registry. Counselors also teach in a specific activity area during activity periods, 5 periods a day. Experience working with children, camp and specific activities is encouraged but not required.
Starting salary range is $200 for a counselor, $215 for activity lead and $250 for head counselor. Medical Staff $215.Other benefits include one week paid staff training, room and board, laundry facilities and access to wi-fi.
Download an application from the web at: www.camphorizonsva.com then visit the work @ camp link to discover all the excitement that awaits you!
Required Education and Experience: