- Employer: Wolf Trap Center for the Performing Arts
- Type of Position: Internship
- Industry: Arts, A/V Technology, & Communications
- Location: Vienna, VA
- Salary Range: 7.25/hour
Wolf Trap Fall Internships
Named “One of the Best Places to Intern” by Bloomberg Businessweek, Wolf Trap proudly offers a variety of paid, professional development internship positions in a variety of areas. Two feature programs include the Josie A. Bass Career Development Program for African American Students and the Los Padres Internship Program for Hispanic/Latino Students.
Internships are available in Communications and Marketing (Multimedia & Web Design, Advertising/Group Sales, Marketing, Graphic Design, Publications, Media Relations, Photography); Education; Development; Program & Production; Wolf Trap Opera Company (Administrative, Directing, Stage Management, Technical, Scenic/Prop Painting, Costuming); Human Resources; Accounting; Box Office; Information Systems; Special Events; and Planning and Initiatives
For individual position descriptions please visit http://www.wolftrap.org/internships
Required Education and Experience:
Must have a reliable mode of transportation as Wolf Trap is not accessible by public transit. Undergraduate students who have completed a minimum of one year of study, graduate students, recent graduates, and career-changers currently enrolled in a degree program are encouraged to apply.
Interns should possess enthusiasm, strong writing and organizational skills and proficient computer skills
Must meet INS I-9 eligibility regulations
To apply, you must email the following materials to email@example.com no later than July 1, 2013:
- A resume.
- A cover letter with a brief personal statement and an outline of career goals, specification of which departmental internship is desired (positions offered for the Fall 2013 season are listed on our website).
- Two contrasting writing samples (no more than three pages in length each). These may be excerpts from papers you have previously written for classes, or something you have written for publication or for extra-curricular activities. You do not need to write something specifically for the application, please simply submit a sample of something you have written in the past.
- Two letters of recommendation (references may submit recommendation letters directly to firstname.lastname@example.org. Your name must be included in the email subject line. Your references may also email pdf versions of their recommendation letters to you to be submitted with your application. Letters of recommendation are also accepted via postal mail.)
Please include which positions (up to four) you are interested in applying for within your cover letter. For questions or concerns, please call (703)937-6304 or email email@example.com