WHY STUDY CHEMISTRY AT MBC?
CHEMISTRY IS HANDS ON
- Chemistry students have access to and are encouraged to “play” with instruments usually inaccessible for undergraduates:
- With a student/faculty ratio of 10:1, chemistry students get the personal attention conducive to flourishing in the physical sciences. The level of lab experience with professors surpasses most larger undergraduate institutions.
- Chemistry students at MBC have a set requirement of lab skills higher than at many larger schools, as well as the tools to gain those skills.
- At MBC, chemistry students really learn how research is done. Students are encouraged to do independent research in the form of the Capstone Project. They are also required to present their work at professional meetings at least once a year.
Chemistry Honors Student Presents at the 2014 Capstone Festival
- Chemistry at MBC is constantly adapting to meet the needs of today’s chemistry students. Flexibility in requirements, courses, and teaching methods help ensure chemistry stays current.
- Professors in MBC’s chemistry department are science educators. They embrace the liberal arts approach to their science and are able to offer personal attention to each student.
- Students can gain additional experience as teaching assistants.
2014 American Society of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology Annual Meeting in San Diego
Teaching Assistant Prepares for a Titration Lab
A break from the conference
Presenting in San Diego