25
NOV
2013

New Format for Class Notes

Hello, Class of 1964!  I’m playing on our new class notes web site, and I hope you’ll think it’s as much fun as I do to send your news to all of us this easy way. You will have an e-mail from me today that gives you the easy directions,  or you can sent your news to me to post. Meantime look forward to our 50th reunion: APRIL 3-6! PUT IT ON YOUR CALENDAR NOW, PLEASE. LET’S HAVE A LOT MORE CLASS MEMBERS AT OUR 50TH THAN THAN ARE IN THE PIC OF OUR 45TH! Love to all, Ginny

Class Secretary 1964. B.A. MBC, M.A. (English) UVA, Ph.D. (theatre history and lit) Indiana U. Retired from MBC after more than 40 years teaching, staffing, administrating. Now I research, plan, leading area historical tours. Raise your hand if you know that the Staunton-Augusta area was the first settled west of the Blue Ridge Mountains! I also promote the Staunton Music Festival, with internationally famed musicians offering an August chamber music festival with additional year-round concerts. Mother of Sarah Francisco '98, an attorney who leads national lands work for the Southern Environmental Law Center. National lands = our parks and forests. Sarah's current major responsibility is working to prevent fracking in the George Washington National Forest, just west of Staunton.
  1. Anne Warren Hoskins Reply
    I imagine that I am not the only member of our class to be shocked that we are the class having the fiftieth reunion! I can remember being in my room in Hillside as a senior when members of a class celebrating a twentieth reunion wanted to see "their room. My room mate and I were shocked by these old women! And, so here we are and I hope so very much that so there we will be!
  2. vfrancis Reply
    Anne, you're the big winner in the prompt posting contest. Thanks! Ginny
  3. Jill Morton Reply
    The fall colors of the Shenandoah Valley are the memory I cherish. After living in Hawaii for 45 years - and working as a color psychologist -I am yearn for the fall days at MBC.