03
DEC
2013

Pam Lott

I received this from Melanie and am sharing it with you all – I did see the Post on FB too.  It is so sad.

I have sad news. We lost Pam Lott.  Dr. Lott was our Class Sponsor.  Last night, I was smiling at a picture of Dr. Lott and Pam dancing at our Junior Dad’s Day.  I am attaching a wonderful write up on Pam.  Can you please share it with Pam’s and Dr. Lott’s friends?  I wish your family the peace and joy of the holidays.
Sincerely,
Melanie

Pamela L. Lott

STAUNTON — Pamela Lacy Lott, 75, wife of James David Lott Sr., died Monday, Dec. 2, 2013. She was born May 8, 1938, in Johnson City, Tenn., the daughter of William Fontaine Lacy and Betty Browning Lacy.

Pam was educated in the Kingsport, Tenn., public schools and graduated cum laude from Vanderbilt University in 1960. She taught mathematics in Evansville, Wis. and after moving to Staunton in 1964, she continued her teaching career at Stuart Hall and later at Lee High School. She also touched the lives of students at two other Staunton institutions. In retirement, she taught part-time at Blue Ridge Community College and as the wife of a professor and dean at Mary Baldwin College, she was a friend to faculty and staff and to three generations of students.

In addition to her husband of 53 years, she is survived by four children and their spouses, James David Lott Jr. and Jennifer Gillis of Fairfield, Conn., Mary Evans Lott and Dana Cormier of Staunton, Emily and Paul Miller, Cockeysville, Md. and William and Sarah Lott of Staunton. She also leaves seven grandchildren, to whom she was “Pam Pam”, Samuel and Erin Miller, Eleanor and James David Lott III, Alice and William Cormier and Madelyn Griffin.

In addition to her parents, she was predeceased by her stepfather, Lynn Farmen.