06
JAN
2014

News for Jennifer L. Lewis ’13

Greetings Family and Friends, 2013 has been a super busy year. After finishing my master’s in December 2012, I graduated officially in May. After a great deal of searching, laboring and many interviews , I was able to find a part time position as a special education teacher at Glen Allen Elementary in late February.  I finished out the school year there.  I found out that I won’t be able to become full time at Glen Allen Elementary which was no fault of their own just how it goes based on population and so forth. I was blessed to find a full time position at Seven Pines Elementary as a special education teacher.   I work with Kindergartners, 2nd Graders and 3rd Graders .I help them with reading, writing , math and social skills . I currently have a total of 11 kids on my caseload but we are growing in numbers because of the growing number of students having more struggles with learning.  I love working with these kids.  It’s my first year , so I have a larger learning curve.  I stay busy with preparation, paper work, and lesson plans at school and at home after school hours. I have my own classroom in which I bring students to when needed for instruction and testing. I also go into classrooms working with the students called a collaborative classroom.  I have already seen growth in myself since I started in September to now!  I am learning so much and as those who know me, know I LOVE to LEARN.  Even though learning and growing can be challenging, it’s so fulfilling because I know that I am helping my students more and helping myself grow as an individual.  My Heavenly Father has been a major part of my journey of learning and growth.  He has blessed me with amazing co-workers, friends, family, spiritual leaders, and teachers that have supported me, taught me and loved me.   Yours truly, Jennifer L. Lewis

Angela Cline is office manager for the Mary Baldwin College Office of Alumnae/i and Parent Relations and Advisor to the STARS (STudent Alumnae/i Relations Society).