14
JUL
2014

Calling all 1986 Class Members!

Good Day Class of 1986!

We would love to hear from each of you to learn what is going on in your lives right now. Have you traveled, gotten married, had a child, or started a new career?  Please share your updates right here.  Just comment on this post to let your classmates know what you’ve been up to.  You can also share pictures!  Please use high resolution photos that are at least 300 dots per inch (dpi) and 1 megabyte (MB) or 1,000 kilobytes (KB) or more, if you have them, and you just might see them printed in the Boldly Baldwin magazine. We look forward to hearing from you!

P. S. If there is anyone who would like to volunteer to be the 1986 class Secretary and contact your classmates, please call Angela in the Alumnae/i Office at 800.763.7359!

Angela Cline is office manager for the Mary Baldwin College Office of Alumnae/i and Parent Relations and Advisor to the STARS (STudent Alumnae/i Relations Society).
  1. Carolyn Rivers Kivlighan Reply
    My daughter, Rachel Kivlighan, is part of the "Blue Journey" act on American's Got Talent this season! We moved to Houston for her to train at Houston Ballet, but after a year, she went to ABT's JKO school in New York City, who sent her to Amsterdam to be a guest artist as the Sugar Plum Fairy in the Nutcracker. An AGT producer saw a piece in Europe and contacted the chorographer, who happened to be helping back stage in Amsterdam, and asked him if he knew an American that could perform his piece and he thought of Rachel is how she ended up in Hollywood at the audition. Her Fall plans are up in the air depending on what happens with AGT.

2. Kimberly Wright Reply
    Hello Everyone! I just completed my 25th year as a flight attendant with American Airlines! I travel International routes to South America, Europe, Central America, Caribbean, Hawaii, and soon to Asia! I was recently based at Miami International airport and now Dallas International Airport. I have just moved to the Charleston, SC area with my dog, Duke and love it here! Also, I'm near my family and friends again.

3. Anna Southerington Reply
    After a 25-year absence from the US, I had the opportunity to visit campus twice last year, which was a lot of fun even if the circumstances were not (the illness and subsequent passing of my father, former faculty member Frank Southerington). During these two visits, I also got the chance to re-connect with fellow alums Beth Briggs, Michelle Roberts, Suz Lochner and Colleen Carrigan, as well as visit with present and former faculty members Terry Southerington, Ginny Francisco, Bob Allen, Ethel Smeaks, Jim Lott and Rick Seyford, and even sit in on one of Terry's acting classes, all of which brought back tons of wonderful memories from my old theatre major days! I'm living in Stockholm, Sweden, where I'm a published author, translator, editor and workshop facilitator. I had a visit from fellow alum Joanne Reich a couple of years ago, and if anyone else is in the vicinity, please do get in touch and drop by - I'd be delighted to see you, and to show you around this beautiful home town of mine!