MAJOR IN CLINICAL LABORATORY SCIENCE
77–83 semester hours, including the clinical year
Students must pick either emphasis in either biology or chemistry.
- Biology emphasis: seven courses in biology and five courses in chemistry
- Chemistry emphasis: seven courses in chemistry including at least one 300-level chemistry course and five courses in biology
Other required courses:
- BIOL 111 Principles of Biology
- BIOL 255 Microbiology
- BIOL 327 Immunology
- CHEM 121 General Chemistry I
- CHEM 122 General Chemistry II
- CHEM 221 Organic Chemistry I
- CHEM 222 Organic Chemistry II
- One course in mathematics
- Successful completion of the clinical year
- Additional courses to complete the first requirement (above) and the total semester hours.
Note: Recommended courses: PHYS 201-202 General Physics and PSYC 250 Behavioral Statistics.