by Prof. Gordon L. Bowen, Ph.D.
Four Maps (below) illustrate the course of the War:
1. Southeast Asia at the time of the First Indochina War
2. Map of the Ho Chi Minh Trail, supply route for Vietnamese fighters during the war against the U.S.
3. Map of the Tet Offensive of 1968
4. Map of the final assault by North Vietnam on South Vietnam, 1975
Key to Map at left
1. 11 March: Ban Me Thuot falls
2. 19 March: Quang Tri City falls
3. 24 March: Tam Ky falls
4. 25 March: Hue falls
5. 30 March: Da Nang falls
6. 22 April 22: Xuan Loc falls
7. 30 April: Saigon falls
return to Professor Bowen's main page