In addition to meeting the admissions requirements of the graduate program selected, all degree applicants for whom English is a second language are required to provide the following additional information:
You must have a bachelor’s degree to apply. All applicants who received a Baccalaureate degree or higher from a non-U.S. university must have a course-by-course credential evaluation. Official transcripts and an official course-by-course evaluation must be sent directly to MDCHS, Admissions Office, P.O. Box 1500, Staunton, VA, 24402.
To have your international credentials evaluated, please contact the World Education Service and request the WES ICAP: International Credential Advantage Package. Fees for this service are the responsibility of the applicant. Fees for a complete a course-by-course evaluation from WES can be found here.
TOEFL or IELTS is required for applicants for whom English is not the native language. Required scores: TOEFL 100 internet-based, 250 computer-based, 600 paper-based; IELTS overall band 7.0 or higher. Mary Baldwin College’s TOEFL institutional code is 5397.
Applicants do not need to submit a TOEFL or IELTS if:
- They earned an undergraduate or graduate degree at an accredited U.S. college or university
- Their total education was conducted in English in a native English-speaking country
Student Visas for International Applicants
Mary Baldwin College can assist admitted students who are not citizens of the United States in applying for or transferring an F-1 student visa. For assistance related to student visas, please contact the SEVIS Primary Designated School Official [PDSO], Margaret Bivans. Email address is: firstname.lastname@example.org.
In order to obtain a visa:
- International students are required by United States federal regulations to certify that they have sufficient funds to cover expenses at Mary Baldwin College for the entire length of their studies.
- ALL international students are required to complete the Certification of Finances Form – Print Version.
- Once completed, mail the Certification of Finances Form to:
Mary Baldwin College
MDCHS Admission Office Attn: Margaret Bivans
P.O. Box 1500
Staunton, VA 24402
Additional information for our international students can be found at: http://www.mbc.edu/international/