“I’m getting the most out of my time here. The program challenges me to move past my comfort zone and grow as a student and as a person.”
Logan Dill ’11
What is the Global Honors Scholars Program?
MBC’s Global Honors Scholars Program offers you a challenging and engaging path to achievement through a rich array of classes, hands-on experience, and connections on campus, in the local community, and beyond our borders.
- Your Honors Advisor: You work with a member of the honors faculty, distinguished by superb scholarship and commitment to talented young women
- First Year Seminar: Working with the renowned American Shakespeare Center’s actors and directors, your honors class gets behind the scenes at the Blackfriars Playhouse to complete an original project or take a special science enrichment course.
- Meet world leaders, artists, and scholars: You’ll be invited to exclusive events where you spend quality time with visiting dignitaries such as the year’s visiting Doenges artist.
- Honors Courses: Exclusive access to interdisciplinary colloquia in the arts, sciences, and humanities; honors classes and honors contracts; independent research, creative projects, and teaching assistantships
Perks and Privileges
- Special Events: Dean’s Reception and welcome for new upperclasswomen
- Living-Learning Community: special housing for Honors Scholars
- Priority in course registration and the room lottery
- Field Trips: Dance, theatre, concerts, and more
- Honor Scholar Society: After your freshman year become a leader in the Honors Scholars community and help plan special events.