Dial "911"FOR AN EMERGENCY (from any phone, anywhere in the U.S.)!
Local Hospital: Augusta Health
[Location: 78 Medical Center Drive, Fishersville, VA]
- full-service facility
- only 9 miles from campus
- open 24 hours every day
Medical Services on Campus: Student Health Center
[Location: Blakely House (on the lower level); open Mon-Fri 8:30am-4:30pm]
- Most on-campus services are free to students.
* Please note that you must have some immunizations before you enroll at MBC. If you do not have these shots, you will have to get them once you arrive.
Here’s what to do:
|Complete and return a Health Form, found online or at the Health Center.
|See the doctor or one of the nurses on staff.
|Explain your symptoms in detail.
|Receive advice and/or a medical prescription.
If needed, the health center will arrange for you to see a medical specialist to treat your condition.
|Fill your prescription at a pharmacy, Rite Aide,
WalMart, or a supermarket.
Other options available in Staunton:
- Augusta County Health Clinic
- phone: 540-332-7830
- 1414 N. Augusta Street
- 8:00-4:30pm, Mon- Fri
- only by appointment
- Walk-in Health Clinic, Patient Care Plus
- phone: 540-885-6789
- 42 Lambert Street
- 8:30-5pm, Mon-Fri
- no appointment necessary
- bring insurance card and photo ID
Counseling / Psychological Services
[Location: Second floor of Blakely House (above the Health Center)]
The Counseling Center provides an atmosphere of confidentiality and support in which students can face the pressures and concerns that often accompany the challenges of college. Many students seek counseling when experiencing emotional or social difficulties, and there is no stigma associated with counseling treatment.
- Counselors in the Center have advanced training in the field of counseling psychology.
- They treat a wide range of personal, academic, and vocational concerns.
- Frequent reasons that students visit the center: better understanding of oneself,
relationships with peers, family, roommates, or members of the opposite sex, test
anxiety, and career decision-making
- Appointments can be made by phone extension (ext) 7281 or in person.