- Get to class 5 minutes early.
- Bring 2 pens, notebook, and textbook.
- Take 3-4 pages or more per hour lecture (’tis better to err on the side of taking too many than too few). Be consistent!
- Write on one side only.
- Use the Cornell Method:
- Label and date each page.
- Put main ideas against the margin: indent details.
- Go back over notes within 24 hours; main ideas, key terms,
and leading questions should be written in the margins.
- Get to class late.
- Come to class unprepared.
- Squeeze notes together.
- Listen passively.
- Forget your notes until test time.
- Be afraid to take too many notes.
- Be afraid to ask questions!