Why Choose MAT?
- Our program offers an innovative approach to teacher education, including strong grounding in the liberal arts.
- In-depth field experiences are included in the curriculum.
- Instructors emphasize “inquiry teaching” – asking, and exploring the best ways to answer, key questions posed by scholars about their fields of knowledge.
- Each class is taught by a graduate faculty member and an experienced classroom teacher who partner to demonstrate how the knowledge gained in each course is applied in the public school classroom.
- Mary Baldwin College has been educating teachers for America’s schools for more than 160 years. We have a long history to our commitment to excellence in teaching.
- Classes are scheduled to meet the needs of working adults. MAT classes are available in Staunton, Richmond, Roanoke, and Charlottesville. All courses generally meet once a week in the evening, though classes are sometimes offered in other formats.
The Mary Baldwin Teacher is…