Once you have inserted the video into PowerPoint perform the following steps to allow the video play without QuickTime being installed on the PC.
The below steps will not work for a mp4 file. To fun a mp4 in PowerPoint, click here for steps to use Winodows Media Player.
- Select the File tab from the Menu Bar.
- Select the Info Tab on the left.
- Click on the Optimize Compatibility button.
- Click Close button when complete.
Click Developer Tab(Click here if you do not have the Developer Tab)
- Click the More Controls Button
- Scroll down to Windows Media Play and click OK
- Use the cursor to create the Media Player display
- Right Click Media Play and select Properties
- Enter URL or file location of the video that needs to be inserted.
Click File > Options
Select Customize Ribbon in Left Menu Bar
In Right Select Window “Main Tabs”, check the Developer Box
- Click Windows Start Button >Computer
- Navigate to File location
- Click in Address Bar and “\” at the end of the line >enter file name (do not hit enter)
- Highlight Text > Right Click > Select Copy