WHY STUDY PSYCHOLOGY AT MBC?
- psychology is a flexible discipline, bridging the social and natural sciences
- at MBC, students collect, utilize, and evaluate their own data — hands-on lab work almost unheard of for most undergraduates
- psychology moves students to a purposeful place after college, equipping them to be successful in both graduate school and the working world
- psychology majors leave having conducted their own research project, written it up, and presented it publicly — this level of hands on practice leaves students prepared and confident for when they enter the work force
- skills honed in the discipline (thinking critically, analyzing, communicating orally) are useful in all aspects of work and life
- graduates report that the intensity of the senior thesis, and the prep work required for the thesis, have proven invaluable in their careers