Who must register their vehicle:
- All students, regardless of program (residential, commuter, ADP, etc).
- All daytime guests of students (parents, friends, family, etc).
- All overnight guests of students (family, friends, etc).
- All faculty and staff.
Where to register your vehicle:
- At the Campus Safety Office, located at 237 Sycamore St. (Taylor House).
- Decals can be obtained from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. Monday through Friday.
(Please note that initial registration at the start of the academic year may be held at another location due to the volume of requests!)
- Residential Students: $50.00 per academic year
- Commuter Students: $20.00 per academic year
- Second Vehicle/Replacement: $ 5.00 per academic year
Display of Vehicle Decal:
- When you register your vehicle, you will be given a decal to display on your vehicle. Place the decal on the rear window so that it is on the right hand side when looking at the rear of the vehicle. If your vehicle has a rear defroster, it is acceptable to place the decal on the right passenger side back door window.
- Should you have a guest visiting during daytime hours or guest for overnight, they are required to obtain a Temporary Guest Parking Pass from the Campus Safety Office. These passes can be obtained 24 hours a day/7 days a week. The Guest Pass is to be placed on the dashboard of the guest’s vehicle, so that it is visible from the outside. There is no fee for the Temporary Guest Pass. Students are held responsible for their guests and any parking tickets that they may receive.
- Temporary Guest Passes are not valid for parking in Skyline I, Spencer or any Faculty/Staff Parking lots.
Where to Park:
- Freshman Parking: Westmoreland Parking Lot (entrance located at the intersection of Prospect St. and Westmoreland Dr.; second entrance off of Tams St.)
- Upper Class Parking – Residential (sophomore, junior, senior): Skyline I is reserved for upper class residential student parking. Upper class students may also park in any other campus General Parking location except where designated for Faculty/Staff parking.
- Commuter Parking: Commuter Students can park in any area that is marked General Parking.
- General Parking Locations: Skyline II, Skyline III, Westmoreland, Physical Activities Center (PAC), Point Street (by the tennis courts), Tullidge Residence Hall, Student Activities Center (SAC), Alumnae House, Bowman House, Carriage House, Coalter House, Hawpe House, Kable Street.
- Faculty/Staff Designated Parking: Grafton Library, Pearce Science Center, Spencer Residence Hall, Rose Terrace; designated spaces in Skyline II, Student Activities Center (SAC) lot; Kable/Deming. Faculty/Staff may also utilize any General Parking location.
With the exception of upper class parking only Skyline I, all campus parking lots are available for student use from the hours of 5 p.m. to 7:30 a.m. Monday through Friday and all time frames on Saturday and Sunday unless otherwise reserved Campus Safety for a special event.
- No Parking Areas: Students MAY NOT park on any City Streets surrounding MBC Campus. No Parking Area streets include Sycamore St., Vine St., Berkley Place, Coalter St., North Market St., and Prospect St. Students are not allowed to park in the Woodrow Wilson Birthplace Parking Lot or the Saint Francis Church Parking Lot. Students will be issued parking tickets for violations of this policy. Only Upper Class students may park on the metered spaces on East Frederick Street and New Street.
- All Parking Violations fees are $25 except for the following:
- A Fire Lane Violation is $ 50
- Handicap Parking Space Violation is $100
- Three (3) parking violations for an unregistered vehicle within the semester, will result in the loss of parking privileges on Campus for the remainder of the semester. Upon issuance of the third violation for Unregistered Vehicle, Campus Safety shall immobilize your vehicle with a Parking Boot. An additional fee of $25 will be assessed for the removal of the Parking Boot. Any outstanding parking violation fees must also be paid before the Parking Boot is removed. Any vehicle that has been immobilized by a Parking Boot and has remained on campus for five days after receiving the Parking Boot, will be towed and stored off campus at the owner’s expense.
- Five (5) parking violations within a semester will result in the loss of parking privileges on Campus for the remainder of the semester. Campus Safety shall immobilize, by use of a Parking Boot, any vehicle parked on campus that is found to have five (5) unpaid Parking Violations. An additional fee of $25 will be assessed for the removal of the Parking Boot. All outstanding parking violation fees must also be paid before the Parking Boot is removed. Any vehicle that has been immobilized by a Parking Boot and has remained on campus for five days after receiving the Parking Boot, will be towed and stored off campus at the owner’s expense.
- Parking Violations fees are due within 7 days of the issue date of the violation notice. Parking Violation fee payments are made in the Campus Safety Office.
- Students are responsible for violations committed by their guest or person using their vehicle.
Towing and Emergencies:
- Your vehicle may be towed at your expense for the following reasons:
- Parking in a fire lane
- Blocking service entrances
- Parking in a restricted area, reserved, or no parking area
- Parking an unregistered vehicle on campus
- Having five outstanding parking violations
- A vehicle found to be creating a safety hazard or impeding the movement of other vehicles
- The College is not responsible for any damages occurring due to a tow made as a result of the above violations.
- The College reserves the right to remove any legally parked vehicle if necessary, at the College expense.
MARY BALDWIN COLLEGE IS NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY DAMAGES TO VEHICLES PARKED ON CAMPUS!