Who must register their vehicle:
- All students, regardless of program (resident, ADP, etc).
- All daytime guests of students (parents, friends, etc).
- All overnight guests of students (family, friends, etc).
When to register your vehicle:
- At the time of enrollment or the first day you bring your vehicle to Campus. Decals will be issued 8am – 10pm everyday.
Where to register your vehicle:
- At the Campus Security Office, located at 237 Sycamore St. (Taylor House). Please note that initial registration at the start of the academic year may be held at another location due to the volume of requests!
- Resident Students $50.00 per academic year
- Commuter Students $20.00 per academic year
- Second Vehicle $ 5.00 per academic year
Vehicle Decals and Guest Parking:
- When your vehicle is registered, you will be given a parking decal to display on your vehicle. Place the decal on the rear window so that it is on the right hand side when looking at the rear of the vehicle. If your vehicle has a rear defroster, it is acceptable to place the decal on the passenger side back door window.
- A parking boot will be placed on your vehicle to immobilize your vehicle if your vehicle is parked on Campus without a CURRENT MBC parking decal being properly displayed, if you receive 5 or more tickets during the semester or if you have received 3 tickets for having an unregistered vehicle. An additional fee of $25.00 will be charged to remove the parking boot and all outstanding tickets MUST be paid in order for the parking boot to be removed. The boot will be removed during the hours of 8am – 10pm. All fines are to be paid in the Security Office.
- Should you have a guest visiting during daytime hours or a guest for overnight, they are required to obtain a temporary parking pass from the Security Office. The pass is to be placed on the dashboard, so that it is visible from the outside. There is no fee for the temporary pass. Students are responsible for their guests and any tickets that they may receive.
- Temporary guest passes are not valid in Skyline I, Spencer or any Faculty/Staff Parking lots.
- Freshman Parking: Westmoreland Lot
Freshman are allowed to park in any Campus Lot from 5pm-7:30am, EXCEPT Sky I or Sycamore St,. Please make sure your vehicle is moved by this time to AVOID a TICKET or potential BOOT.
- Upper Class Parking: Sky I, Kable, Alumnae
Upper Class Students are allowed to park in any Campus Lot from 5pm-7:30am, EXCEPT Sycamore St. Please make sure your vehicle is moved by this time to AVOID a TICKET or potential BOOT.
- Commuter Parking: Commuter Students can park in any area that is marked General Parking including Bowman, Carriage, Coalter, Hawpe House Lots, Kable St, Tullidge, PAC, Point St, SAC, Sky II and Sky III.
- General Parking: Bowman, Carriage, Coalter, & Hawpe House Lots, Kable St, Tullidge, PAC, Point St, SAC, Sky II and Sky III.
- Faculty/Staff Parking: Alumnae House, Kable/Deming, Library, PSC, Rose Terrace and Spencer Lot.
- No Parking Areas: Students MAY NOT park on any City Streets surrounding MBC Campus, this includes Sycamore St., Vine St., Kalarama St., Coalter St., and Market St. Students are not allowed to park in the Woodrow Wilson Birthplace Parking Lot, or the St Francis Parking Lot. Students will be issued parking tickets for violations of this policy. Upper class students may park on the metered spaces on Frederick and New Streets only.
- Students living in outlying houses are not to park on any of the streets listed above. The parking lots behind these houses are considered “General Parking” and are available to all upperclassmen, faculty and staff. They are NOT solely for the residents living in the houses.
Violations and Fees
- All tickets are $25.00 except for the following:
- Fire Lane Violation: $ 50.00
- Handicap Violation: $100.00
- 5 parking tickets within a semester will result in the loss of parking privileges on Campus for the remainder of the semester.
- An unregistered vehicle and 3 parking tickets within the semester, will result in the loss of parking privileges on Campus for the remainder of the semester.
- Fines are due within 7 days of the date of the ticket, to be paid in the Security Office. Students are responsible for violations committed by their guest or person using their vehicle.
- Appeals must be made within 7 days of the violation. Appeal forms and procedures are available at the Security Office.
Towing and Emergencies:
- Your vehicle may be towed at your expense for the following reasons:
- Parking in a fire lane, blocking service entrances, parking in a restricted area, reserved or no parking area.
- Parking an unregistered vehicle on campus overnight.
- Parking on campus after receiving a 5 ticket letter.
- The College is not responsible for any damages occurring due to a tow made as a result of the above violations.
- The College reserves the right to remove any legally parked vehicle if necessary, at the College expense.
MARY BALDWIN COLLEGE IS NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY DAMAGES TO VEHICLES PARKED ON CAMPUS!