Candidates are first admitted as MLitt students. Interviews for admission to MFA studies take place shortly before completion of the MLitt, which is a prerequisite for the MFA.
Admission is competitive. Offers of admission are extended to the strongest candidates based on:
- undergraduate record: Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution. academic major in the arts and sciences or other appropriate discipline minimum 3.0 GPA in the last 60 hours of college work (average GPA of the 2010 entering class was 3.56)
- GRE test scores: verbal, quantitative, analytical writing. A minimum of 550 on the verbal and a 5.0 on the analytical writing is required (average scores of the 2010 entering class were verbal: 600, quantitative: 560, and writing: 5.0)
- two letters of of recommendation with at least one being academic
- professional experience, where relevant
- any previous graduate work.
Applicants are encouraged to visit the campus.
FOR MORE INFORMATION CONTACT:
Ashley Clark Buchanan
Director of Admissions for Adult and Graduate Studies
Mary Baldwin College
Staunton, VA 24401