Candidates are first admitted as MLitt students. Interviews for admission to MFA studies take place shortly before completion of the MLitt, which is a prerequisite for the MFA.
Admission is competitive. Offers of admission are extended to the strongest candidates based on:
- undergraduate record: Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution. academic major in the arts and sciences or other appropriate discipline minimum 3.0 GPA in the last 60 hours of college work
- GRE test scores: verbal, quantitative, analytical writing. A minimum of 550 on the verbal and a 5.0 on the analytical writing is required. Our GRE code is 5397
- two letters of of recommendation with at least one being academic
- professional experience, where relevant
- any previous graduate work.
Applicants are encouraged to visit the campus.
FOR MORE INFORMATION CONTACT:
Ashley Clark Buchanan
Director of Admissions for Adult and Graduate Studies
Mary Baldwin College
Staunton, VA 24401