Social Sciences, Business, and Global Studies
At Mary Baldwin, students have the opportunity to not only learn in the classroom but also to explore their fields in a local and global setting.
- Work face-to-face with dynamic campus visitors, such as MBC artist-in-residence and human rights activist Claudia Bernardi.
- Design a one-of-a-kind senior research project, like Laura Ashley Dean ’09, an international relations and political science major who investigated the political and social effects of North African immigration in France.
- Get involved in the Clinton Global Initiative University, Women for Women International, or attend the Commission on the Status of Women meetings of the United Nations, like Jasmine Witmer ’11.
- Partner with the Staunton Augusta Waynesboro Coalition to work on gang research.
- Participate in the college’s new business honor society, Sigma Beta Delta, or the well-established sociology society Alpha Kappa Delta.
- Get your hands dirty. The Spencer Center for Civic and Global Engagement can help you become involved in a service learning project, ranging from harvesting crops for the Blue Ridge Area Food Bank to combating human trafficking by supporting the Dhamma Moli girls’ school in Kathmandu, Nepal.