Mary Baldwin College Student Employment: Policies for Reporting Hours (How to Get
- Time cards are due by NOON on DUE DATES. Cards received after deadline
may not be processed until next pay period-don't chance it!!
- DO NOT HOLD CARDS!! Submitting multiple cards increases
the chances that tax will be withheld because of a greater total paid
than for a single card.
- LIST ONLY THE DATES FROM THE BEGINNING TO THE END OF THE PAY PERIOD (as
shown on the time card)-NONE BEFORE AND NONE AFTER. If you
need to submit time from multiple pay periods, you must use a separate
card for each pay period.
- REPORT YOUR HOURS WORKED IN TENTHS-OF-AN-HOUR. Please refer to the conversion
chart on the bottom of your time cards. Please use your calculator!!
- TOTAL your hours before submitting your card. Use your
- SIGN YOUR CARD GET YOUR SUPERVISOR TO SIGN YOUR CARD. WITHOUT
YOUR SUPERVISOR’S SIGNATURE, IT WILL GET RETURNED TO YOU UNPAID.
- Submit completed time cards in the white box inside the west door of
Hunt Dining Hall Lobby OR in the timecard collection box at
the Financial Aid Office. Deadline is 12:00 NOON on
Due Date unless otherwise noted on your schedule. Please refer to due
date memo and note dates and times on your calendar to avoid disappointments.
- If you misplace your time card, you can pick up another one in the Financial
- Checks are put in your Student P.O. box each pay day,
unless you have given another address on your time card. (If your department
keeps your timecards, plan ahead---ASK for your card before it is due
if you need to give us a different mailing address than the computer
address for your paycheck mailing.)
- IMPORTANT SUGGESTIONS: If your department or office
does not set a working schedule for you, plan ahead and pace yourself
throughout the year so that you work your assigned hours every week (as
listed on your Work Study Contract) at an even rate. If you earn your
maximum for the year well in advance of the end of the year, the department
will be left without help. However, if you fail to work enough hours,
you will forfeit that portion of your financial aid package. Keep track
of your earnings, but you may call the Financial Aid Office to find out
how much you have earned to date. We have only so much for you, and when
it's gone, it's gone.
Questions? Contact: Katilyn Duggins, firstname.lastname@example.org, 540-887-7228.