The Office of Communication, Marketing, and Public Affairs (CoMPA) deploys a variety of communication tools to assist Mary Baldwin College in achieving its mission. In the course of the year, we carry out hundreds of public communication initiatives — in print, electronic, and other formats — including primarily:
- media relations and public information, serving as the primary point of contact for the media and sharing MBC news with the world;
- marketing and promotion, developing effective materials that create a consistent and positive understanding of the college and what it offers;
- publications, including Boldly Baldwin, the college magazine, the Academic Catalog, and many brochures that showcase the best of Mary Baldwin;
- electronic newsletters, including The Cupola Connect and The Cupola Now;
- web development and maintenance, managing both routine, factual updates and major new projects;
- emergency communication, keeping the community informed as situations unfold; and
- legislative affairs, seeking ongoing public support for the Virginia Women’s Institute for Leadership and the Virginia Tuition Assistance Grant.
The CoMPA team also provides the following services to college departments:
- Editorial assistance
- Design and print fulfillment
- Web updates and improvements
- Press releases
- Assistance with event promotion
CoMPA requires a project request form to begin work on any project, whether new, an update, or a reprint.
In order to ensure consistency of image and message and to integrate all communications into overarching communication strategies, CoMPA holds final approval authority over the design, content, and style of all official publications and printed materials produced and/or distributed by the college, whether or not they are produced by CoMPA. Contact Crista Cabe, vice president, at 887-7380 or firstname.lastname@example.org.