The mission of the College of Education is to prepare confident practitioners who apply solid academic knowledge, strong leadership skills, and compassion for others to serve learners in diverse communities. We support this mission by providing personalized paths to meet individual goals while modeling and encouraging inquiry and reflection, integrating theory and practice, and providing opportunities for exploration and innovation within a collaborative environment.
Through undergraduate, graduate, post-baccalaureate, and professional development options, MBC’s education programs provide:
- classroom and field experience
- opportunities for collaborative research
- civic and global engagement
- personalized guidance
- leadership development
Year after year, a higher percentage of Mary Baldwin students earn teacher licensure than at any other college in Virginia. About one-third of students completing an academic program at MBC also complete teacher licensure.
MBC inspired me to be teachable, knowledgeable, and adaptable in the rapidly changing educational climate. Professors and teaching partners modeled ways to establish and build true collaborative relationships with students, parents, and other educational professionals.
- for those who hold a bachelor’s degree
- master’s degree and initial Virginia teacher licensure
- for licensed teachers and those in educational fields where licensure does not apply
- add-on endorsements available
- for those who hold a bachelor’s degree and are seeking initial Virginia teacher licensure
Certificate Programs (non-licensure)
Licensure Renewal and Professional Development