||Online: Our form is secure and simple to complete, giving you the flexibility to enter the amount you are comfortable donating, and to choose how the college should use your gift.
||Mail: A check, made payable to Mary Baldwin College, is the most popular way to contribute to the college. Send your gift to the address below or in the reply envelope that accompanies Baldwin Fund solicitations. Please note — either in the memo section of your check or on an accompanying note or reply card — if you are supporting the Baldwin Fund, a specific campaign priority, or other designated use of your gift.
||Call: The staff of the Office of Institutional Advancement is ready to help you place your gift on your credit card or to answer your questions about other ways to give.
Types of Gifts
- Checks and credit card payments are accepted via the methods outlined above.
- Appreciated Securities can be transferred to the college and may be an excellent way to make your gift. If you have owned the securities for more than one year, you may claim a tax deduction equal to their current market value. Similarly, you may contribute bond shares and appreciated shares of mutual funds.
- Other assets, such works of art, rare books, real estate, and more, are also welcome contributions.
- Bequests are the most common and most flexible means for planning a Legacy Gift to Mary Baldwin College. We honor our Legacy donors through membership in the Kiracofe Society, named in honor of Charlene Kiracofe, MBC Class of 1925. For More Information about Legacy Gifts, the Kiracofe Society, and tips on estate planning, please visit our Baldwin Legacies page.
- You may use a Life Income arrangement to combine your desire to support the college and your need to generate personal income. Charitable Gift Annuities and Charitable Remainder Trusts are commonly used tools to accomplish both goals.
- Imagine if you could double or triple your gift to Mary Baldwin College . . . If your company offers a program called Matching Gifts, your gift will be combined with the company’s match for a total gift much higher than yours alone. Some companies even extend this benefit to spouses and retired employees as well. To find out if your or your spouse’s company matches gifts, please click here.
You may receive a call from a current student through the Spencer Society Student Phonathon. We hope you look forward to chatting about what they love at MBC, what’s happening at the college now, and how they experience the benefits of your generosity firsthand.
If you work for a company that matches employees’ charitable gifts, you may have the opportunity to double your support. Please check with your employer to see if they will match your charitable giving and how you may apply. Many companies also match the gifts of their retirees.
Honor a loved one by using the designated section of the reply card in Baldwin Fund solicitations to make an honorary gift. If you wish to establish a permanent memorial, please call or email Institutional Advancement.
You may pledge your support by contacting Institutional Advancement or in conversation with one of our Spencer Center Student Phonathon callers when they reach out to you for support. Your pledge may be a one-time gift to be paid later this year, or a long-term commitment that you will complete over the course of several years.
For questions or to make your gift, contact us:
540-887-7011 or toll-free at 800-622-4255
P.O. Box 1500
Staunton, VA 24402