Gifts and Donations
Donations of Materials
- Donated materials are accepted under the condition that the College Librarian
determines the manner in which the items are filed, catalogued, disposed
of and/or displayed.
- All gifts become part of the general collection. Special conditions will
not be attached to their use.
- A receipt for tax purposes will be given when requested for any donation,
however the Library cannot affix a value to the material.
The Library policy conforms to the “Statement on appraisal of gifts” developed
by the Association of College and Research Libraries.
Gifts of Money
- Gifts of money will be accepted if the conditions attached to the gift
are acceptable to the College Librarian and the College Business Office.
- The Library will accept gifts of money for the purchase of a memorial.
The College Librarian and the donor will select the material. The general
nature of the material, or its subject area will be based upon the interests
of the person honored, the wishes of the donor and the needs of the Library.
- The donor, the honoree, or the family of any person memorialized will
receive written acknowledgement of the gift.