CLOSED March 5: MBC main campus and Murphy Deming College of Health Sciences
CLOSED March 5: MBC main campus and Murphy Deming College of Health Sciences : Originally Posted:
Monday, February 16, 2015
WHY STUDY THEATRE AT MBC?
- MBC produces five shows every year
- All women’s roles are restricted to students and students fill all production roles
- High level of opportunities to participate in productions allows students to get more exposure to theatre than they would at larger institutions
- Students have the opportunity to gain hands-on experience in the area of the theatre that interests them: scene painting, set building, singing, acting, publicity, playwriting, stage managing, etc.
- The collaborative nature of producing each show reinforces skills in organization, teamwork, leadership, and responsibility
- Faculty work closely with students in all aspects of the discipline
- With professor permission, an undergraduate can take graduate classes in the masters level Shakespeare and Renaissance Literature in Performance (Master of Letters and Master of Fine Arts)
- Undergraduates are encouraged to audition for graduate-level productions
- Undergraduates are encouraged to pursue a variety of internships in professional theatre
- Theatre, by nature, is a lot of work … and a lot of fun