Best Practices/Teaching of Writing
Writing across the curriculum (WAC) and writing in the disciplines (WID)
- The WAC Clearinghouse. Scholarly exchange about communication across the disciplines.
- Young, Richard. 2011. List of 155 ways to include brief writing assignments in classes. From Toward A Taxonomy of “Small” Genres and Writing Techniques for Writing Across the Curriculum. Practice & Pedagogy. Fort Collins, Colorado: The WAC Clearinghouse.
- Writing Across the Curriculum Handouts. The University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign Center for Writing Studies. Handouts on writing to learn, assigning writing, and responding to writing.
- WID Writing Handbook Project. George Washington University. Disciplines represented include literature, economics, news writing, political science, philosophy, microbiology, and psychology.
- Writing Across the Curriculum. George Mason University. Resources for faculty on supporting multilingual Writers, assignment design, and dealing with student error.